Big White Ski Resort and Big White Central Reservations is committed to making you feel safe and comfortable from the moment you arrive at the resort, to when you lay your head down at night to catch some Z's after a long day on the slopes – and for those flying in from out of town, from the moment you are picked up by the airport shuttle!
Guests arriving by plane will be greeted at Kelowna International Airport by the friendly shuttle bus driver. Masks are mandatory on all shuttle buses, including for the driver. Extra precautions are taken by adding a plexi-glass divider to separate the driver from guests.
Upon check-in, it's recommended that only one member of your party enter the front desk area. There are decals placed on the floor for ease of social distancing. Also, be aware of the staggered check-ins beginning at noon to reduce crowding. Plexi-glass dividers are in place at the counters, and all pens, keys, credit terminals, and other touch points will be sanitized with each use.
"Our team has spent a lot of time educating ourselves on the guidelines and recommendations outlined by the province as well as Interior Health," says Lori Garrett, Hotels Division Manager at Big White Ski Resort. "We are confident in our commitment to cleanliness for all guests and staff."
While they are unable to offer stay-over cleans within units, guests are welcome to request clean towels, sheets and new toiletries throughout their stay. Each room will undergo a rigorous cleaning protocol between guests.
After each room has been cleaned, a Housekeeping Supervisor will further disinfect using a product called Storm Ballistic Virus Killer – an electrostatic sprayer. Once the deep clean is complete, staff will place a seal on the door (see below), and no one will be allowed access until the next guest arrives.
"Our cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures are very thorough and precise," Garrett explains. "A guest can be reassured knowing that our commitment to cleanliness has been achieved in each and every room with our assurance seal that is placed on each door after it's been thoroughly disinfected."
STEP BY STEP – Deep Departure Clean
Kitchen & Utility Area Deep Clean
- Both sides of entry door, cupboard doors, walls & shelves, drawers, handles, sink & faucets, garage & recycle containers
- Oven, extractor hood, fridge & freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine, kettle, toaster, washer, dryer and any other appliances; inside and out, all knobs, door seals, under & behind fridge & freezer
- Counters, tables, chairs & surfaces
- Dishes & cutlery; removed from cupboards and drawers and washed
- Kitchen linens in professional grade machines
Living & Dining Room Deep Clean
- Both sides of entry doors, cupboard doors, walls & shelves, and handles
- Fireplace, tables, chairs, coffee tables & chests, TVs & associated products, stereos, and remotes
Bedroom Deep Clean
- Both sides or entry doors, cupboard doors, walls & shelves, and handles
- Fireplaces, bedside tables, chairs, dressers, TVs & associated products, and remotes
- Linens in professional grade machines
Bathroom Deep Clean
- Both sides of entry doors, cupboard doors, walls & shelves, handles, towel racks, toilet paper holders, garbage containers, toilet brush and holder
- Bathtub, shower, sink & faucets, toilet, vanity
- Towel linens in professional grade machines
General Deep Clean
- Windows, patio doors, tracks & ledges
- Picture frames & glass
- Light fittings, lamps, shades, switches & power points
- Baseboard heaters, telephone, TVs & Optik boxes
- Wash walls
- BBQ & Hot Tub
- Vacuum, move furniture and disinfect, move rugs & vacuum underneath plus vacuum rugs
Content courtesy of Big White Ski Resort
Thinking of visiting Big White?
Here are some popular trip ideas for you.
Long Stay in Kelowna
|21 Nights Stay
4-Star Accomodation + Car Rental from $2,279
Stonegate Resort at Big White
|5 nights for the price of 4 nights
1 Bedroom Executive with Hot Tub from $494